- 1016 (Registered)
This course gives you complete how-to steps for production, chicken tractor construction, brooder management, pasture management, production costs, how to select and price retail cuts and much more. You’ll even have an up close view of what it is like to pack, setup for and sell at at a farmers market. Everything is included on how to produce, price and sell pastured poultry. Nothing is left out!
Also included are bonus videos on marketing as well as Darby’s digital tools package including all of his spreadsheets, daily checklists and guides to help you be successful right out of the gate.
You will have lifetime access to the following for yourself and anyone else in your immediate household…
Online Streaming Video (Over 7.5 hours):
- Pastured Poultry Basics – From Brooder to Freezer (1hr 17m)
- Pastured Poultry In the Field and On Farm Instructional Video (2hr 5m)
- The Multi-Use Chicken Tractor (28m)
- Product Pricing and Cut Selection (45m)
- Marketing and Selling Product at a Farmers’ Market (1hr 4m)
- Forming & Organizing A Business (1hr 59m)
- Excel Spreadsheets For Pastured Poultry: Darby’s personal excel spreadsheets to help you establish costs, profit margins, retail pricing and more.
- Chicken Tractor Plans: This e-book contains over 40 pages of the required materials, hardware, tools, etc needed to build Darby’s personally designed chicken tractor he uses on his farm. It also includes cut lengths for every stick of lumber, step-by-step assembly instructions for each joint, helpful tips and lots of drawings to make it easy to build. Complete with 3D images of the what your finished tractor will look like!
- Pastured Poultry – A Guide From Brooder to Freezer: This 24 page guide is Darby’s printable checklists for brooder preparation, brooder management, pasture management, loading birds, butcher cuts and more.
- How To Select A Butcher Guide: A butcher is an extension of your business! This short guide will show you how to interview, rank and select the right butcher to partner with you on your farm business.
- How To Select A Farmers’ Market Guide: Not all farmers’ markets are created equal, and they require a large amount of time and energy to participate in. In this guide, Darby walks you thru a step by step approach on how to investigate, rank and ultimately select a successful farmer’s market to sell your products at.
- Darby Simpson: Farm Marketing & Business Planning (3hr 19m)
- Paul Greive: Pastured Poultry & Guerrilla Farm Marketing (58m)
- Paul Greive: The Guerilla Marketing Field Guide for Small Farms (49m)
At anytime in the future, you can upgrade to the full Farm Business Essentials course and get credited back for the retail sales price of this purchase. Simply pay the difference and unlock all of the added benefits of the full FBE course: 23 modules, enhanced resources, additional digital tools, private FaceBook access and much more!
Note: The workshop is non-refundable.
Module 1: Pastured Poultry Basics - From Brooder to Freezer In this first module, farmer Darby Simpson will walk you thru everything you need to know about how to raise pastured poultry from start to finish.
Module 2: Pastured Poultry In the Field and On Farm Ready to see what a real working farm looks like? Follow along with Darby as he works the poultry systems on his farm and teaches you all of the tips, tricks and hacks for making pastured poultry an easy to manage enterprise.
Module 3: The Multi-Use Chicken Tractor Darby walks you thru an overview of his chicken tractor design, construction and multiple uses. This module goes hand in hand with the chicken tractor assbemly book also included in the course.
Module 4: Product Pricing & Cut Selection In Module 4 you will learn how to adequately price your products, understand how to figure out your input costs, value certain cuts, packaging and much more!
Module 5: Marketing and Selling Product at a Farmers' Market Ever wonder what goes into running a booth at the farmer's market? How to interact with customers or answer their questions? This is answered in this module! All of the video in this module was filmed on farm and at the farmers' market giving you a real look at what it is like.
Module 6: Forming and Organizing Your Farm Business In this module we take a systems approach to starting a business going from the question - "Do I have a formal business or am I pursuing this as a hobby?" to "What software do I need?" and how to select a CPA. You'll walk through the whole decision making process from start to finish being prompted at each step to think about your situation and how you can apply the concept or idea in your context, with your farm, and in your jurisdiction. It's not enough just to do "farm" the land. If you are actually approach farming as a business, then there are a lot of things that you have to do, and should do, to save money, to help protect yourself from liability, and make your life easier and more stress free. We'll cover everything that you HAVE TO do and the things you really SHOULD do.
- Lesson 1: Introduction
- Lesson 2: Why This Process is Important
- Lesson 3: Hobby or Business?
- Lesson 4: My 5 Rules for Business Formation
- Lesson 5: Formalizing Your Business: The Process
- Lesson 6: FYB – Step 1: Know Your Local Laws
- Lesson 7: FYB – Step 2: Create an Operating Agreement
- Lesson 8: FYB – Step 3: Choosing a Business Structure
- Lesson 9: FYB – Step 4: Obtaining Your Federal Tax ID
- Lesson 10: FYB – Step 5: Maintaining Regulatory Compliance
- Lesson 11: FYB – Step 6: Setup Your Business Bank Account
- Lesson 12: FYB – Step 7: Accounting – Finding A CPA
- Lesson 13: FYB – Step 8: Accounting – First Year To Do’s
- Lesson 14: FYB – Step 9: Software & Technology
- Lesson 15: FYB – Step 10: Insurance Basics
- Lesson 16: FYB – Step 11: Transactional Sales
- Lesson 17: Other Considerations
- Lesson 18: Putting It All Together
Bonus Lessons These bonus lessons focus on proven techniques for marketing your farm's products succesfully.
Resources Guides, chicken tractor plans, spreadsheets ane more can be found here.