Don’t have a lot of land?
Looking to begin your farming career?
Pastured poultry might be a great place to start…
Pastured poultry gives you the ability to raise a high-value crop on a very small land base in just 9 weeks.
While it’s a starter and primary farm enterprise – it isn’t for everyone.
Farmer Darby Simpson has raised pastured poultry commercially over 12 years as a business, a business that produces over 1800 birds a year and generates over $45,000 in revenue annually on just a few acres.
Over that time he has identified what works and what hasn’t.
In this video Darby shares some of his experience on how can use Pastured Poultry to Kickstart Your Farm.
What’s included in the course?
You will have lifetime access to the following for yourself and anyone else in your immediate household…
7 Module Online Streaming Video Course:
- Pastured Poultry Basics – From Brooder to Freezer (1hr 17m)
- Pastured Poultry In the Field and On Farm Instructional Video (2hr 5m)
- The Multi-Use Chicken Tractor (28m)
- Product Pricing and Cut Selection (45m)
- Marketing and Selling Product at a Farmers’ Market (1hr 4m)
- Forming & Organizing A Business (1hr 59m)
- Bonus Videos
- All content is streamable (not downloadable) and you get lifetime access.
- Excel Spreadsheets For Pastured Poultry: Darby’s personal excel spreadsheets to help you establish costs, profit margins, retail pricing and more.
- Chicken Tractor Plans: This e-book contains over 40 pages of the required materials, hardware, tools, etc needed to build Darby’s personally designed chicken tractor he uses on his farm. It also includes cut lengths for every stick of lumber, step-by-step assembly instructions for each joint, helpful tips and lots of drawings to make it easy to build. Complete with 3D images of the what your finished tractor will look like!
- Pastured Poultry – A Guide From Brooder to Freezer: This 24 page guide is Darby’s printable checklists for brooder preparation, brooder management, pasture management, loading birds, butcher cuts and more.
- How To Select A Butcher Guide: A butcher is an extension of your business! This short guide will show you how to interview, rank and select the right butcher to partner with you on your farm business.
- How To Select A Farmer’s Market Guide: Not all farmers’ markets are created equal, and they require a large amount of time and energy to participate in. In this guide, Darby walks you thru a step by step approach on how to investigate, rank and ultimately select a successful farmer’s market to sell your products at.
- Darby Simpson: Farm Marketing & Business Planning (3hr 19m)
- Paul Greive: Pastured Poultry & Guerrilla Farm Marketing (58m)
- Paul Greive: The Guerilla Marketing Field Guide for Small Farms (49m)
At anytime in the future, you can upgrade to the full Farm Business Essentials course and get credited back for the retail sales price of this purchase. Simply pay the difference and unlock all of the added benefits of the full FBE course: 23 modules, enhanced resources, additional digital tools, private FaceBook access and much more!
Note: The workshop is non-refundable.
Ready to being your farming adventure with a pastured poultry operation?
Or are you looking to add poultry to your existing farm business?
In the Profitable Pastured Poultry course, farmer Darby Simpson will show you everything you need to raise poultry from brooder to butcher and net over $10,000 per acre in just 9 weeks!
Darby Simpson raises, markets, and sells over $45,000 per year of pastured poultry.
It’s a business that is highly profitable, and one that Darby started with a mere $600 investment.
The Profitable Pastured Poultry Online Course is designed to teach you the everything that you need to know to start and run a profitable pastured poultry business without a lot of startup capital.
If you want to learn how to strategically approach raising pastured poultry as a business, then this is the course for you.
This course gives you complete how-to steps for:
- in the field production
- chicken tractor construction
- brooder management
- pasture management
- production costs
- how to select and price retail cuts
- selling product at a farmers market
- and much more
See an in-depth look at the modules and watch actual course lessons HERE.
Not sure if pastured poultry is right for you?
In this video Darby discusses the pros and cons of pastured poultry.
Who is Darby Simpson?
Living on his family’s seventh generation farm Darby began his own farming enterprise in 2007 after reading “Pastured Poultry Profits” by Joel Salatin. Over the past 10 years, he’s grown the operation that he started with less than $1000 to one that produces 3000 broilers, 125 turkeys, 60 hogs, and 12 beef per year. The farm now financially supports Darby and his wife Brandy, along with their two young boys, Ethan and Zach.
Darby has transitioned himself from a successful mechanical engineer into a full-time farmer and enjoys the many benefits that come with being self-sufficient in one’s livelihood. His success shows it is possible to build a business from scratch with little or no knowledge of what Joel Salatin affectionately calls “lunatic farming”.
Darby is also co-host of the Grassfed Life Podcast.
Listen to some past episodes focusing specifically on pastured poultry…